The time is here: We're proud to announce the recipients of the 2017 Quip Diversity Scholarship!
We received hundreds of stellar applications after announcing the scholarship in March. We were blown away by the thoughtfulness, contributions, and achievements that we read about, as well as the odds and obstacles that many students have overcome.
There were a tremendous number of deserving applicants, making for a contentious selection process. But in the end, we had to choose just five winners, and five runners-up. The individuals below are exemplary in their hard work, perseverance, commitment to diversity, and potential to make technology better.
Scholarship winners receive $5,000 towards their education, and an expenses-paid trip to the Quip office for a day of learning, mentorship, and networking.
(Left to right)
- Yasmin Abdi, University of Maryland
- Jiachen Jiang, Dartmouth College
- Blake Lewis, University of Mississippi
- Arlin Pedregon, University of New Mexico
- Miracle Williams, Jackson State University
Our runners-up will each receive $1,000 towards their education, and an expenses-paid trip to the Quip office for a day of learning, mentorship, and networking.
(Left to right)
- Najlaa Bouras, Columbia University
- Mei'lani Eyre, Cascadia College
- Valeria Gonzalez, University of California, San Diego
- Kartik Sawhney, Stanford University
- Jenny Xu, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Huge congratulations to our winners and runners-up. We can't wait to meet you and see what you do next.