Back in March, we announced our third annual Quip Diversity Scholarship. Today, we are very excited and proud to announce the recipients of the 2018 Quip Diversity Scholarship!
After opening up the scholarship to applicants, we received hundreds of applications from absolutely amazing individuals. We were touched after reading about the challenging obstacles students overcame, and inspired by the many ways people have contributed to diversity within their communities and in STEM.
Given all the deserving applicants, we had to make difficult decisions when narrowing it down to our five winners and five runners-up. The ten individuals being awarded the 2018 Quip Diversity Scholarship all demonstrate incredible grit and a strong commitment to improving inclusivity and promoting diversity within technology and beyond.
Scholarship winners will be awarded $5,000 towards their education, and an expenses-paid trip to the Quip office in San Francisco for a day of learning, mentorship, and networking.
(Left to right)
- Albert A., Columbia University
- Derrick Jackson, Jackson State University
- Tatenda Ndambakuwa, New York University
- Beriwan Ravandi, University of British Columbia
- Jose Sagrero, California Polytechnic State University
Runners-up will be awarded $1,000 towards their education, and an expenses-paid trip to the Quip office in San Francisco for a day of learning, mentorship, and networking.
- Samsara Counts, George Washington University
- Antonio Gomez, California Polytechnic State University
- Caroline Gschwend, University of Arkansas
- Malvern Madondo, College of St. Scholastica
- Dana Nguyen, University of California, Santa Barbara
We'd like to say thank you to all our applicants. And offer another huge congratulations to our winners and runners-up. We can’t wait to meet you and see what you do next!